Below is our online adoption application form. If you are interested in adopting a rabbit, please fill out the form completely and to the best of your ability. You will notice many questions are marked “required.” These must be answered or the form will not be accepted by the system. If you find a question does not apply to you, please answer “N/A” or “Not Applicable”
You will be asked in the form below to provide your current vet’s contact information. Please contact your veterinarian and ask them to release information/references to the HRS.
Once submitted, the form is given to the adoption manager for review. Someone from the House Rabbit Society of Chicago will get back to once they have had a chance to look over all of your information.
Please Note: In order to complete an adoption, you will have to sign a contract with the House Rabbit Society of Chicago that states:
1. You will provide the rabbit with a balanced diet as recommended by HRS
2. You will provide veterinary care as necessary by a qualified veterinarian
3. You will have the rabbit’s living area prepared according to HRS recommendations.
4. You will take the rabbit into consideration when making housing choices
5. You agree to be responsible for the rabbit for the rest of his or her life
6. You will allow a HRS representative to do a home visit to see how the bunny is adapting
7. You will provide a veterinary reference for any past and current rabbits/pets
You will be asked below if you agree to these terms and conditions. If you can agree to these terms above, then please continue on with the application.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org after you complete the application to assure we received it
We appreciate your interest in our rescue rabbits!